The New International Version of Deuteronomy 6:5-9 says “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” For Christian mothers, this is clear instruction to raise children in accordance with the ways of Christ, teaching them to live their faith every day. In today’s world, that task can seem like an almost overwhelming challenge; thankfully, there’s a virtual fellowship of like-minded moms created by the vast network of Christian parenting blogs. These 30 entries cover several aspects of Christian parenting, from spiritual instruction to education and discipline, and are valuable resources for women of faith determined to parent according to God’s word.
Raising Christian children requires you to dedicate yourself, as a mother, to provide them with spiritual guidance and council them on the tenets of your shared faith. These five blog entries are filled with tips, advice and insight on the subject, helping you to guide your children as they walk with Christ.
- How to Become Your Children’s Spiritual Leader
- How To Raise Good Christian Children
- Raising Christian Children
- 10 Suggestions for Raising Godly Children
- Parents – Passing The Torch Of Faith
Discipline and Correction
When children go astray or misbehave it’s essential to correct them in order to instill a sense of obedience to God’s law. Whether you’re a gentle disciplinarian or take a more strict view of correction, these five blog entries are food for thought and are rife with information on discipline from a Christian perspective.
- Appropriate Christian Discipline
- Christian Discipline and Instruction
- Discipline vs. Punishment
- Discipline That Disciples
- Gentle Discipline
Activities That Teach the Bible
Children learn best when they’re engaged and entertained, making Bible-based activities a powerful and effective method of sharing the word of God through Bible stories and scripture. These five bloggers offer up ideas for spiritually instructional pastimes that will help your children learn about their faith as they play.
- Fun Easter Week Bible Activities for Kids
- Shaving Cream Landforms and More
- Jacob’s Dream of the Ladder
- Bible Story Crafts for Kids
- Elementary Bible Activity Lessons
Christian Private School
For some parents, the idea of sending their children to a Christian private school in order to provide them with a spiritual and academic education is a non-negotiable fact of parenting. Others take a different approach, making these five blogs a varied sampling of Christian mothers’ opinions on the subject.
- 4 Reasons to Attend a Private Christian School
- How Christian schools make children LESS Christian
- Can You Afford A Christian School?
- The Lasting Effects of Your School
- The Benefits of a Christian High School Education
When private or public schools are equally distasteful options, many Christian moms opt to teach their children at home. These five blogs approach homeschooling from a faith-based perspective, with lesson plans, curriculum ideas and advice offered to readers.
- What I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Homeschooling
- Joyful Songs – Music Education Blog
- Our Homeschool Blog
- Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling
- Sunflower Schoolhouse
Christian Mommy Blogs
Simply reading about the experiences and opinions of like-minded Christian moms can provide you with a much-needed spiritual support system in today’s turbulent times. These are five of the most popular Christian “mommy blogs,” and are hubs of the Christian parenting blog community.